Saturday, June 30, 2012

Peaches (Peaches #1)

I picked this book up on my Nook because it was free (I know, STEAL!). Because of the price, I thought that it would be a short, dumb story with no real plot.

I couldn't have been more wrong!

This book was amazing. The plot, the characters, the message behind it all...everything is captivating. I finished it in one morning.

Peaches is about 3 girls, growing up in Georgia; mischievous player Murphy (who's deeper than people think), perfect, rich Leeda (who's life isn't so perfect), and shy, hard-working Birdie (who is actually a very good friend). During a fateful summer on Birdie's peach orchard, these girls become an unlikely group of close friends. Together, they go through all the up's and down's of friendships, love, and families.

The thing I really loved about this book were the characters; all of them were deep, each had their own stories, and each were not what they seemed. The three girls' friendship divulges their deepest secrets, desires, and emotions. It shows you what it truly means to be a "best friend."

5 out of 5 stars!

This review is also on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment