Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Gray Wolf Throne (The Seven Realms #3)

OMG! This book was amazing. I got it the day it came out. I absolutely loved it. 
Now, with stories about cutthroat courts, you have to be careful. Extremely careful. You don't want the whole book to sound bland and strained. I can't even tell you how many books I've read that have attempted to create this whole back-stabbing royalty atmosphere - and have utterly failed. With most of them, it's just not very believable. There's not much description. It seems forced.

But Cinda Williams Chima creates the court atmosphere with flying colors.

I'm going to have a little fangirl moment here...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! BETTER THAN THE LAST TWO AND THAT'S SAYING A LOOTTTTT!!!!!!!! OMG HAN AND RAISA!!!!!

Okay, fangirl moment over. But I love, love, love the blueblood court in this book. She's descriptive, very, very believable, and intense. And it has history behind it. She builds this world perfectly. Who doesn't love a complete fantasy world? 

I adore Han! Honestly, I like him more than Raisa. He's fighting against so many stereotypes, he's powerful, he's deep, he's a heartthrob, totally swoon-worthy, he's from the streets, and he has swag. Not to mention that his real emotions are 100% true and trustworthy. He'd never tell someone he loves them without meaning it with all his heart. That's why I admire him.

Not to mention my sympathy for him when he gets tossed aside from Raisa!

Normally, I like a great show of girl power, where the girl does something totally epic or deep and it just puts the guy in awe. Here, I want the opposite to happen. Han loves Raisa, but Raisa isn't all for him yet. She's a little disloyal and selfish. I want Han to do something awesome that'll show Raisa that he's the one for her!!!! I hope that The Crimson Crown meets that expectation...

Overall, don't get the idea that I don't like this book. I LOVE IT. One of my favorite series. But it's just that I love it soooo much that I'm able to get so lost in it! 

I LOVE THESE BOOKS!

GO CINDA WILLIAMS CHIMA!!!!

I've <3'd her since the Warrior Heir. I <3 her even more (not in a weird way, in a fangirl way, don't worry LOL). 



READ THE SERIES!!!!!


This review can also be seen on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment