Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hallowed (Unearthly #2)

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was one of the books that you read all at once. I don't want to say one sitting, because I wasn't sitting the whole time. I was sitting, lying down, standing in line, cooking, and a bunch of other stuff while reading this book. I could not put it down!

This builds on the story flawlessly. It adds more depth to Clara's brother Jeffrey, and now he's a lot more important in this book than in the last book. We see Christian as more than just the pretty boy-he's way, way more. You see that Clara's mom is hiding way more than she knows. And while Clara struggles to stay loyal to Tucker, we see that she is extremely willed, rejecting her destiny for love.

I, honestly, ship Clara/Christian. There's nothing wrong with Tucker, but Christian is just so much more right for her. How can she ignore that?

Okay, fangirly-ness is about to kick in.

SPOILER!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Christian kisses Clara! Best moment of the series! But of course she has to run away before she can fall in love with him! GRRR I always ship the wrong couple!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verdict: In my favorites list.

This review is also on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment